DISCOVER. SUPPORT. LOVE. COLLECT.
INTRODUCING THE ARTISTS
TheArtists is a new platform supporting artists who do not have established constant representation through a gallery. This introduces an opportunity to discover new ways of approaching artworks and growing a collection.
Renowned artists, curators and other individuals come together to select a diverse variety of artists from around the world, drawn together by their outstanding quality. Each curator selects a group of artists whose works will be showcased for 6 months. Approximately every month, a new selection is premiered. TheArtists’ focus is the artists themselves, allowing international collectors access to the previously inaccessible; the archives, the interviews and the images. Through our clear platform, artworks are available at reasonable prices, with unprecedented financial transparency.
TheArtists supports each artist by communicating their practice, expanding their network and facilitating their entry into the art market by offering their works for sale. 60% of the sale proceeds get paid out directly to the artist. An additional 5% goes into a community fund which is split up equally between all artists of one selection.
To the public, TheArtists offers broad access and provides context to contemporary works of art of outstanding quality. To artists, we offer strategic and practical assistance and consultation to develop their practice and build important, lifelong connections. In the near future, TheArtists will also host curated, physical exhibitions to complement our online presence.
THE ARTISTS IS A TRANSPARENT PLATFORM, SHARING RESPONSIBILITY WITH EACH ARTIST AS AN EQUAL PARTNER
WHAT WE DO
WE SUPPORT ARTISTS
- Communication and mediation through generating international visibility for the participating artists (via our website, our network, social media, selected advertisements, pop up shows, collaborations and more).
- Professional presentation of the artist’s practice and artworks to the interested public and art specialists.
- Coaching artists by accounting for their personal preferences and individuality – to be able to understand, enter and deal with the art market.
- Transparent and time-limited contracts and clear contractual terms.
- Generating sales.
- Facilitating long-term relationships between the artist and other partners in the art market.
- Offering supportive services during the collaboration but also – if the artists wishes – beyond the period of direct collaboration.
WE ARE THE PLATFORM TO DISCOVER CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS AND THEIR WORK
- TheArtists is a transparent platform, sharing responsibility with each artist as an equal partner.
- TheArtists offers everyone the possibility to discover contemporary art by artists who are not (yet) represented by a gallery.
- TheArtists builds new trust between artists and future collectors by enabling clear and fair access to the world of discovering and buying art.
WE OFFER INSIGHT INTO CONTEMPORARY ART PRACTICES
- TheArtists offers deep insight into the current practice of each artist through texts, images, portraits, (virtual) studio visits and interviews as well as additional information such as CVs, bibliography and more.
- TheArtists reserves the right to suggest experienced curators and individuals to make a selection but aims to represent a full range of current artistic practices. Those individuals share our goals and offer their advice and selection free of charge. We provide selections of the highest quality of contemporary art.
60% OF THE SALE PROCEEDS IS PAID OUT DIRECTLY TO EACH ARTIST. AN ADDITIONAL 5% OF EACH SALE GOES INTO A COMMUNITY FUND WHICH IS SPLIT UP EQUALLY BETWEEN ALL ARTISTS OF ONE SELECTION
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO US
FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION FOR THE ARTISTS
Each artist is selected for their exceptional talent and drive. We commit to ensuring their freedom of expression. Every selected artist has the right to show artworks of any desired medium.
FAIRNESS AND TRANSPARENCY
- Full transparency between artists and TheArtists when it comes to pragmatic procedures such as sales, payments, transport and responsibilities.
- Artists need to be independent on a material level in order to focus on their practice: therefore, each artist receives 65% of sale proceeds. 60% goes directly to the artist whose work is sold and 5% into a community fund which is split between all our participating artists of a selection.
- Full price transparency. All artworks shown have a visible price. The breakdown of the price can be viewed before payment.
- We operate to cover costs. With any future profits we aim to finance residency programs, exhibitions and presentations of works including pop up shows etc.
- There are no hidden costs for customers. All prices include packing, shipping and insurance*, customs and VAT, if applicable.
* possibility to continue insurance of acquired artwork with www.segurio.com
EQUALITY AND RESPECT
- We respect and commit to supporting artists of all genders, ethnic backgrounds, nationality, sex, sexual preferences, age, religions and different abilities and (political) opinions.
- TheArtists pledges to establish a culture of best practice, where respect and anti-discrimination are paramount in our dealings within our company, towards artists, customers and any third party. We will not compromise on this.
- We do not present artworks with discriminatory or offensive content.
We endeavour to work as sustainably as possible, as part of our best practice endeavour.
- Through our “if possible, no returns” policy, we aim to reduce the amount of shipped goods.
- We aim for all our packing materials to be composed of recycled materials.
- We aim to operate paperless – where possible.
- The aim of our work is to set and keep highest standards.
TheArtists will not compromise on quality but aims for a clear, transparent and fair structure that will make it easy to enjoy art, exchange with the different perspectives it has to offer and put artists and their works at the centre of all activities. We are experienced partners with no ambition to outshine artists and their work and no artist is bound exclusively to TheArtists.
Many future developments and activities are within our sight and TheArtists remains committed to respect the integrity of each work and artist as a guiding principle.